Starting an apprenticeship gives you the opportunity of a real job with hands-on experience, a salary so you can earn while you work, as well as learning as part of a course. This is different from other educational routes, such as university or traditional courses, as it gives you practical experience and you will have no debts to repay when you finish your course. At Ealing Council, we have an
apprenticeship team, who will be happy to help you find an apprenticeship, whether at Ealing Council or with a local employer.
Whats on offer:
- Help with training and skills development
- All the information you need about starting an apprenticeship
- Connecting you to various apprenticeship vacancies
- Advice and support to help you complete your apprenticeship.
We also run a series of work preparation programmes for 16–24-year-olds:
- Pathways: a six-month traineeship programme, including a paid work placement and functional skills training
- Learn Ealing workshops and courses for young adults aged 19+.
new revised programme. Information coming soon
Paid Work Experience
Are you 16 – 24 years old?
Are you ready to take the next step towards an apprenticeship, job or further training?
Could you do with some support and guidance to help you take this step?
Are you a resident of Ealing or did you study in Ealing in the last 3 years?
Do you have qualifications lower than Level 3?
THEN PATHWAYS COULD BE FOR YOU!
NEW INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Employment and training help
Work Ealing, Ealing Council’s employment, learning and skills team, can help you with:
- Finding a good job, traineeship, apprenticeship or a Kickstart placement
- Connecting you to various employment and training programmes
- Job applications, CV and cover letter writing
- Upskilling you with bespoke workshops or courses, many of which are free.
Whats on offer?
- Employment help for young people, traineeship, apprenticeship or a Kickstart placement
- Training and qualifications advice
- Job vacancies, including apprenticeships
- Free events to help you find a job, apprenticeship, traineeship or simply explore your career direction.
Get in touch?
Telephone: 020 8825 8486
Ealing Council Apprenticeships
Ealing Apprenticeship Programme recruits enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who live, or have studied in Ealing within the last 3 years
Ealing Council’s apprenticeship programme are open to people who live or have studied in Ealing within the last three years and who meet the other criteria for Ealing Council apprenticeship applicants.
Vacancies are advertised in April and September each year. Apply now!
We positively welcome applications from people with disabilities who are under represented in all areas of the council.
Find out about current Ealing Council apprenticeship vacancies.
Ealing Apprenticeship Programme is recruiting enthusiastic and highly motivated 16 to 23 year olds who live, or have studied in Ealing within the last 3 years, to fill apprenticeship vacancies across Ealing Council.
Applicants should be committed to working in the council and striving to meet the needs of a diverse community, and be willing to undertake training in a range of skills. You will work in one of the council’s service areas and be expected to work towards a qualification at level 2 in your first year (equivalent of key stage 4).
You can apply for up to three vacancies on one application form. Please ensure you read the role profiles before making your choices.
Who can apply?
Applicants must fulfil one of the following:
a) you are resident of the London Borough of Ealing (proof of residency will be checked)
b) you currently attend a school in the London Borough of Ealing, or have valid GCSEs obtained at an Ealing school (certificates are valid for three years and will be checked)
c) you currently attend a college in the London Borough of Ealing. You may apply if you have obtained A-levels, but not if you have a qualification at level 4 and above (including degrees). College registration will be checked.
If you have any questions you can contact the apprenticeship team on firstname.lastname@example.org