Vacancies, applications, CVs and interviews
When you are starting to plan your future, it’s a good idea to research different career options. When you have done this and have an idea of what you’d like to do, you can look into the actions you need to take to get to where you want to be.
Talk to your Ealing Connexions adviser as they can give you up-to-date information and impartial advice on different career options to help you decide what is best for you.
5 tips to help when planning your career
- Follow your heart. Know yourself, believe in yourself and follow your dreams
- Change will happen. Expect to experience many jobs, in different career areas and with different employers, during your working life.
- Learning is on-going. Remember that it’s important to continue learning throughout your working life.
- Stay focused. Pay attention to the small steps on the way to achieving your goal otherwise you may not make it.
- Make use of friends and family. Talk to family, friends, teachers and people you meet who can help you to succeed!
Source: The Real Game website
Labour Market Information [L.M.I] - Did you Know?
The “100 in a 100” Campaign (Network Apprenticeships) has received confirmation from the following construction industry employers to take on apprentices:
- Persimmon Homes (Uxbridge)
- MJ Nash, Building Services (Hanwell)
- Whitehall Construction London Ltd (Hanwell)
Applicants can apply by emailing the Network Questionnaire to the Apprenticeship Team
The Pathways Programme is aimed at 16-24 year olds, who are ready to commit to a 5-day-per-week timetable for up to 6 months. The aim of the programme is to gain confidence and support to progress into sustainable employment or training by the end of the programme. If you are interested in applying for the next round of recruitment, please get in touch with us.